Daytona Beach Criminal Defense Lawyer
Protecting Your Rights Against Criminal Accusations in Florida
Criminal charges can have serious consequences. Whether you are struggling against criminal accusations yourself or care about someone else who has been charged with a crime, it is important to turn to an experienced criminal defense attorney for help.
At The Law Offices of Catherine A. Drees, we have spent nearly 3 decades in Florida’s criminal law system. We know what it takes to protect our clients’ rights in the Daytona area. Call 386-255-2121 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced Daytona Beach criminal defense lawyer.
Powerful Criminal Defense When Your Future Is at Risk
Our firm’s ability to analyze and evaluate cases, prepare strong defense and obtain favorable outcomes is well known. Do not settle for a guilty plea; being charged and convicted of a crime, whether a felony or a misdemeanor can result in job loss, criminal record and jail time.
We can offer you guidance through the frightening and confusing experience of having criminal charges pending. Remember, no question is perceived as unimportant.
Fighting Misdemeanor and Felony Charges
When you or someone you love is facing criminal charges, it is important to understand and protect your rights. We will explain the possible consequences of the accusations against you and guide you through the criminal defense process. Over the past two decades, we have handled thousands of misdemeanor and felony cases, including:
- Traffic charges — Drunk driving and other traffic charges can happen to anyone. We can help you if you received a traffic ticket or were charged with driving or boating under the influence (DUI or BUI), reckless driving, leaving the scene of an accident, or driving with a suspended or revoked driver’s license.
- Drug offenses — Drug charges can carry serious penalties. We will protect your rights against possession of a controlled or illegal substance, manufacturing or trafficking charges.
- Violent crimes — If you were accused of arson, battery, assault, battery of an officer, domestic violence, aggravated stalking or another violent crime, we will fight for you.
- White collar crimes — Business people often face criminal charges such as grand and petty theft, embezzlement, forgery, fraud, counterfeiting, bribery, intellectual property violations and insurance fraud. We will protect your reputation and your rights against these charges.
- Juvenile offenses — Criminal convictions can affect your child’s future. We defend children and young adults against all criminal charges, including underage possession of alcohol or tobacco, trespassing, criminal mischief or other felonies or misdemeanors.
- Expungements/sealings — We can help you seek an expungement or sealing of your criminal record.
We take a holistic approach, fighting to protect our clients’ rights and helping them get the resources they need when disabilities or addictions play a role in their case.